The transfer process can be an exciting, smooth transition from here to the college or university of your choice. NRCC will provide helpful resources for you, but it is the student's responsibility to seek out and utilize these resources.
- The key is to plan early, preferably your first semester at NRCC or even before you register for any classes! Academic advisors are available to help you in the Advising Center, Rooker Hall.
- Become familiar with the course requirements of your NRCC degree program. Don't be afraid to ask an academic advisor, or your faculty advisor, if you have questions about your program.
- Decide on a major that interests you. You must state your choice of major when you apply for transfer to the four-year college.
- Find out what math and other courses are required for the major you have selected. Our academic advisors can help you with this process.
- Visit the college campuses that interest you as soon as possible and make an appointment to meet with an admissions counselor to discuss the transfer process and with an academic advisor for your intended major to find out any prerequisite courses required for your major.
- Submit the FAFSA (Federal Student Aid Application) by early January (before the fall you plan to transfer) and list each college that interests you. Also fill out any financial aid forms that individual colleges require. You may do this before you apply and are accepted to the colleges!